Friday, January 27, 2017

Dropping the stories

Right, my coach commanded me to drop any stories I make about events that happened, are happening, and will happen for the two following weeks. Two weeks of cutting the bullshit.

To tell the storyteller to stop strory-telling - ugh, somebody just took the life out of me. Or maybe.... he has just given me a new one.
I can't wait for what transformations this new policy might bring!

I have already dropped many stories about my mum and her relationship to me. I admit I did put her in a box as I thought I knew all about her thought process, all about her personality and all about her suffering. No, that was my story. I didn't know anything!
But apparently, I still file all my experiences into boxes with labels on them, and then I act accordingly. 
This new policy might become my new way of living.
Facts, and only facts.... 

Another example of holding on to stories: There's something really strange about the way Carl responds to my questions... I wanna hear yes or no, but he has a story. It is sometimes so long that he never gets to answer my question, because he drifts off onto another story! I'm getting frustrated.
I can see how my storytelling has been holding me back.
Ah...

I'm finding myself unable to tell you about my day, about my little breakthroughs, about my reflections... bugger. How will I keep up with this blog?
Anyway, casual dates are still lined up and I am going to report with FACTS. No stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think, what you are getting for yourself out of this post, or what you are not getting...

Note: If you are concerned about my non-native grammar, you can contact me and volunteer to become my editor.