Saturday, November 19, 2016

Keep the body moving, and set yourself free

I feel even more accomplished when I do something despite not feeling like it.. When the things that I know are good for me, are actually those I choose over the ones I know are not as good for me.
Once again, I am being reminded that adults are not allowed to do just what they feel like and to not do what they don't feel like.

When I drag myself down the road, it takes me around 20 minutes of walk uphill and then downhill, to my dance or yoga practice and I still don’t feel like it, but once there I lay myself on the floor or a mat, I breathe out and I know it will be fine.

I’m there. I showed up.

I get up, start moving, and I feel how good this disciplined movement is or me. The thoughts are still flowing, but my mood is lifting as if by a wave of a magic wand. Nothing about the outside world has changed, I still have problems, but I am not consumed by them, because my body is frickin' BUSY. I loose myself in the music, in the pain of the postures, and my mind cannot but relax - it is quite extraordinary, yet simple.

Keep the body moving, and you set your mind free.

The mind-chatter becomes manageble, if not entertaining and creative, and your spirit is joyfully dancing on the plane with other high-vibe spirits.

During the final stillness part or savasana pose I am lying exhausted and sweating but feeling great, relaxed, recharged, and free, knowing that I just did something really amazing for my emotional and physical health.

If I only ever did what I momentarily felt like… I would be in my bed, procrastinating, and thinking about sh**.
How beneficial or productive is that?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think, what you are getting for yourself out of this post, or what you are not getting...

Note: If you are concerned about my non-native grammar, you can contact me and volunteer to become my editor.