Thursday, November 1, 2018

The flavours of Bali

I didn’t dream about a passionate and brief Bali romance - not even in my wildest of dreams.

Perhaps we could question if one can fall for someone in a week... Hell yeah, one can. It has happened before and it will happen again!

It wasn’t exactly ‘passionate’ at first. There was curiosity on my side and intrigue on his side, but it began slow (as it can get in a week).

When my friend Peter suggested that I pay a visit to his friend Eric in Ubud, give him a big hug and sample his food, I was like - sure, why not?
A friend of a friend is also my friend. I met up with my beautiful Scandinavian girlfriend Helena and we set out to explore new tastes.

I would have never guessed after the first meeting of Peter’s friend how the last one would turn out. Sometimes you just know... not in this case.

No doubt, Eric and I shared a mutual passion - food - that featured as the hot topic throughout the week. Super-healthy food that is.

Then, the Balinese spirit took over. I had ecstatic shivers every time I tasted Eric’s cuisine and in the end, I experienced all kinds of other ecstatic explosions.

What got me was his heart. It was open, so pure and so ready to contribute to the world in a meaningful way. To protect his identity, I call this chef - Eric. He is not exactly unknown in the Balinese community of health and vitality freaks.

When Eric disclosed to me that he felt incredibly attracted to me, I saw him in a different light. As in - ah, this friend of a friend and a celebrity chef can feel something other than flavorsome meals?

I realized that getting to meet him was the perfect ending to my Australian adventure and healing intentions.
This final lesson in opening myself to seeing other types - the right types - of men around me was served to me in a loving way. Eric was the prototype to explore.

In the past, I wouldn’t have given much chance to men from my conscious dance sessions, yoga classes, meditation workshops or healthy eateries that I frequented. I thought they were too spiritual, too sensitive, self-conscious, and just ‘too much’.
That prejudice wasn’t very true. I’m glad I made the shift with Eric.

Ah, it really was ‘making love’, wasn’t it...? :)
I asked who was the lady singing earlier in the playlist- he clarified - “just then when we were making love?”
Yes. Just then...

In the heat of the moment, I wanted that to happen more than anything. Eric’s gentle masculine presence was what I was waiting for during almost a year of celibacy. As they say - only a conscious dick will heal a womb like a laser beam.
...

It was the most sensual, conscious, present and subtly passionate sex I’ve ever had. Those were the tantric valley orgasms I craved. You can’t just wish for those to happen, or learn how to give those from a written manual any day. The person, the timing, the ambiance and an open heart are what it takes to experience spontaneous Tantric sex. The uniting of shiva and shakti, the body, mind and spirit... every cell of my body was saying yes!!!
So much beautiful energy surrounded me... never ever have I felt such ease in the bed before.

When I wrapped my arms around his torso, ready to be taken back home on his scooter, I felt protected, safe and blessed... (btw. I just like waking up in my bed, nothing against his)
I knew that the local Gods were looking after Eric, and so they would look after us too on the Balinese roads were no rules applied.

Today I contemplated whether to curse Peter or to thank him.
I nearly turned back from Canggu, an area near the airport where I was spending my last day, to make
 the one hour journey back to Ubud and get/give one last hug. ‘Crazy’ is what happens when I ask my heart what it wants to do. But, one goodbye was clearly enough.

Now, fully immersed in the international and multicultural hustle and bustle of the Ngurah Rai airport, nervous, but relieved that my bag weighed under the limit, I know that a new world is awaiting for me once I cross the oceans again... New men possibly, too.

I shall be grateful to Peter. A girl deserves a romance in Bali. 4,5 years ago I made the trip about chilling and sightseeing. This year, Bali was about reuniting with Helena and guilt-free food. My sexuality intertwined all that.

I’m having second thoughts about the scheduled volunteering during Amma in Germany this weekend. I need to relax, but I’m really looking forward to seeing my best friend Oli. and then of course, sleeping on my sister’s floor in Prague.

I’ve changed in the 2 years and 5 months that I spent away. Damn, I’ve changed in the last 3 weeks. I am eagerly awaiting what’s in store once I embrace Europe again, at least for some time.

I just realized that he made himself so exceptionally busy today on purpose 🤔.
Goodbyes are meant to be brief and light-hearted.
Well, off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think, what you are getting for yourself out of this post, or what you are not getting...

Note: If you are concerned about my non-native grammar, you can contact me and volunteer to become my editor.