Tuesday, March 6, 2018

#metoo article nearly ready

My contribution to the Byron Bay Mag is nearly finished. 
Suggested 800 words turned into 2500 words so there's gotta be some cutting! I'm glad that Mark O'Brien offered editing and a punctuation support 😅

Here's a little unedited teaser.
It starts like this:

“Have you been raped?” many people ask upon seeing my passionate reactions along with the posts I prepared in response to the #metoo phenomena.
“I’m not sure - and you’re missing the point!” could be my response instead of the usual irritated "No-o".
With so many old and new definitions of rape, yeah, I probably was.
However, this article won’t be about the possible time in my mid-twenties when I might have woken up under a stranger unconscious and wondered what had happened. That didn’t quite affect me, though other things did. Luckily, I built a resilient wall around my heart a long time prior to any questionable sex-incident.
This article will discuss the inexplicable rage I feel when faced with male and female power-battles and the dangerous hatred towards the opposite sex that runs in the blood of many women I’ve met, including me.
How can we best deal with those emotions of anger surrounding 'sexual abuse as abuse of power'? It is time to look within and strive for peace and reconciliation"


I hope it will shock and open the eyes of many men! By the way, it is in no way written from an angry female-feminist perspective to degrade the opposite sex. It is just a surprisingly honest account of one woman's journey which will hopefully benefit any gender.

(Mark's feedback regarding my draft has confirmed my aspirations)


Watch out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think, what you are getting for yourself out of this post, or what you are not getting...

Note: If you are concerned about my non-native grammar, you can contact me and volunteer to become my editor.