Monday, March 19, 2018

Check-in or check out ? #Darwin

It’s time to check in. Literally.

I escaped to Brisbane earlier last week and was due to fly back to Darwin that Saturday. Little did I know that Darwin would enter a cyclone watch and all Saturday’s flights would get cancelled. 


Dear Virgin airlines had been warning me all Friday evening while I was partying with my girls Lauren and Hollis and not quite registering those messages. However, “your flight was rescheduled” rang a little alarm bell prompting me to open the message and call the number right away.

What? Sunday and Monday flights are sold out and the next available flight is 12 hour long through Adelaide and Alice Springs? You’re kidding me? My visa is at stakes!

I was being quite serious. I could‘t imagine missing yet another Monday and Tuesday class... what if they’d dispell me?! But not getting to school on time seemed inevitable one way or the other.

Being an old rebel or just an impulsive mad woman, I asked for a full refund and used my Virgin credit to fly to Perth instead.

So here I am in one of my most favorite cities in Australia, feeling guilty for missing my classes, when I receive a message from my friend Taylor : “BCA is closed today for power outage.”

A few hours later I get a message from BCA itself - “We will be closed until a further notice. Expecting to open on Thursday.”

Ah...

Once I said to our hot teacher that I was a psychic. Now I can totally own that.

Always follow your dreams. The Universe will take care of the rest.

I am ready to go back to Darwin soon though. I started looking after two little girls and I am - shockingly - missing them too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think, what you are getting for yourself out of this post, or what you are not getting...

Note: If you are concerned about my non-native grammar, you can contact me and volunteer to become my editor.