Sunday, August 27, 2017

The body knows again

Boy, this flu has been rather depressing. There are many factors that have contributed to my condition, sure, but I was hoping to be resting just for a couple of days. It's been a full week… 
The worst is the total lack of energy.
I love movement, lots of exercise and sweat. Not a cold sweat, hallucinating and when every step feels like a hard mile… Ok, a bit exaggerating here.
Still, wasn't a lotta fun!

I feel like a beer but perhaps…oh well, we’ll see, I might have it.

Yesterday’s water fast started with water but finished with a soup, nuts, and chocolate a few hours later.
So much for my strong will..
I planned to starve the flu/cold bug that had literally knocked me down earlier this week, but it seems that my body needs heaps of nutrients to be able to pack and organize everything for vacating the apartment and getting me back to Darwin soon.

I’ve done water fasts before, even while having a cold (they proved really efficient), but I was never this stressed.

I believe that this illness is a symptom of being worn out after my travels, worrying about the move and the unknown waiting for me in the Northern Territory, and all the rather hidden excitement that this change of scenery brings with it. An interesting mix.

Some people feel guilty when they rest and do nothing. I guess it could be me too - we get sick, so there’s no other option but take it easy and rest a lot.

It seems like I shifted back into my masculine doer after a period of honoring the feminine feeler and receiver. Well, it wasn’t long enough!

I hope I’ll be back on track with my exercise routine soon. I feel a little chubby (probably am). Plus, this energy-less and lazy Pavlina doesn’t suit me.

Ahhh… Wild Dancing, Dynamic Yoga, Tough Pilates, how much I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think, what you are getting for yourself out of this post, or what you are not getting...

Note: If you are concerned about my non-native grammar, you can contact me and volunteer to become my editor.