Monday, July 10, 2017

The dance between the masculine and the feminine

When I landed in Australia in June 2016 for the third time, my left eye hurt like hell. I vaguely remembered then that I had poked it during the flight, but it wasn't until I got into my friend's house in Newcastle that I noticed how badly I could see. I could have easily agreed to a stronger lens prescription.
I wanted to see my ex-boyfriend but I was scared.

Taking into account Louise Hay's teachings and Tantra practices - the left side of the body indicates the divine feminine and all feminine attributes (softness, playfulness, creativity).

A few months prior to that, I cried my eyes out when I figured that my ex started dating someone else. I was holding on to hopes that we would get back together as he also fed that idea. However, he wasn't straight with me, not telling me that he had moved on. I was heartbroken [again], and I felt abandoned.

My poor eyesight was a reminder to turn inwards and start healing myself as a woman who was worth more than she ever gave herself credit for. The right, masculine eye was strong and watchful, and it needed to be acknowledged (its objectivity, protectiveness and purpose) in order to lift my feminine side to her highest potential.

My journey of 'healing the divine masculine' (men are not all bad) and harmonizing both polarities within me had begun right there and then.

The story continues…

I went to visit our mutual friends who lived near his small town ten months later. The next day I woke up with what felt like conjunctivitis in my right eye.

Upon checking with the chemist, it was just an irritation. But what an irritation! My eye felt sore the whole day, very sensitive to light, red, and involuntarily tearing up but without any emotions—crying non-stop from just one eye.

The right side is 'masculine'.
My right eye could have been telling me that there was something I didn't wish to 'see', perhaps I have yet again began castrating the masculine and stopped trusting it... Was I blind towards the situation at hand? My ex was newly single and had kept asking about me the whole ten months.

The divine masculine tends to act very protective and analytical. Since the right eye blurred my vision, perhaps my body was prompting me to see more with my soft, feminine side rather than the suspicious, inflexible masculine...

Was the masculine broken upon seeing him again? My ex and I had a very friendly encounter. I can only assume that the message from my body was: "Stay soft, trust. See only with love. All is taken care of."





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think, what you are getting for yourself out of this post, or what you are not getting...

Note: If you are concerned about my non-native grammar, you can contact me and volunteer to become my editor.